Recent updates to this website.
- Update of the three Vento bands for compensation for injury to feelings in employment cases.
- Main post-16 page updated, including more on STUC (Stammerers Through University Consultancy), www.stuc-uk.org. Also Oral exams, and assessed presentations page updated with further adjustments to exams, from STUC conference in January 2019.
- Brexit page updated.
- Guidance and Codes of Practice page updated, including the section on Legal effect of statutory guidance and codes in the light of City of York Council v Grosset.
- The Court of Appeal in City of York Council v Grosset has held that on a s.15 claim for discrimination arising from disability, the employer or service provider etc does not have to know of the causal link between the disability and the reason for the unfavourable treatment.
- Appearing in court page reviewed and updated for Equal Treatment Bench Book 2018.
- Reviewed and updated: Employment (front page), Employment: Recruitment and promotion, and Recruitment: Should I tell the employer I stammer?
- Is the stammer and disability? (front page) reviewed and updated.
- Employment tribunal fees page updated – employment tribunal claims have more than doubled since the fees were ruled illegal in July last year.