Welcome to this website on stammering and UK disability discrimination law.
The site looks at how the Equality Act 2010, previously the Disability Discrimination Act, applies to people who stammer in Great Britain. ‘Stammering’ is the same as ‘stuttering’.
- Disability equality law – legal provisions that apply whether it’s employment, services or education. For example, is it a ‘disability’? Also one-page outline.
- Coronavirus and face masks.
- Employment – disability discrimination in the workplace, including examples of workplace adjustments.
- Services – service providers such as shops, banks, utilities. Also public authorities, including courts and the police.
- Education – schools, universities, colleges, including oral exams and assessed presentations.
- Advice – sources of help and advice.
- For businesses – information for businesses and organisations as regards employees and customers who stammer.
- About – about this website and about me.
- News – latest news.
I would be very interested to hear any comments on the website, and indeed any personal experiences of discrimination or lack of it. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is published in a personal capacity and is not linked with any organisation.